Concord Plan Com. Minutes (August 25, 2015)
TOWN OF CONCORD PLAN COMMISSION MINUTES
August 25, 2015
The meeting was called to order at 7:00 p.m. with Jim Gilbert, Lloyd Zastrow, Sally Williams, Carole Hoffmeister , and Laura Callison present.
The meeting was opened with the Pledge of Allegiance.
Sally Williams stated that the meeting had been properly posted.
Jim Gilbert made a motion to approve the minutes from the July 28, 2015 meeting seconded by Carole Hoffmeister. Motion passed.
Item 1: The Boat House, represented by realtor Pete Gross and sales manager Dick Haeckel, requested review of a proposal to obtain a conditional use permit for boat storage on a 6 acre Community zoned parcel #006-0716-1641-003 at the NW corner of CTH-F & CTH-B.
- Request conditional use permit for “business services”
- Operation – inside boat storage and new boat/ motor rigging facility
- Structures: (5) 81wide x 148 long x 28 high Cleary buildings. Each building could house 40-50 boats. In the future, one building would have a concrete floor and be used as a rigging facility. At that time septic and bathroom would be installed.
- Customers would not be received at the facility; boats to be stored would be transported to & from the site by Boat House employees. High volume times would be from April 1 to June 1 when boats are moved out of storage and again from Sept. 15 to Nov. 1 when boats are moved into storage. Initially no employees would remain onsite. When the business expands to include the rigging facility, there would be employees onsite during business hours.
- Landscaping – evergreens will be placed along the front of the lot facing CTH-B and along the west of the lot to provide a “green screen.” (see site plan)
- Driveway access is from Hwy B and facility will have a locked gate. A security fence will be installed along the front of the property inside the evergreen landscaping. (see site plan)
- Complete property will be set up for water run off through engineered plans (Lake Country Engineering)
There is to be no outside storage of any equipment or boats. Landscaping and property are to be maintained in a professional manner. Color of buildings should be “earth tones” such that they will blend in better with surroundings.
Jim Gilbert made a motion to recommend approval of the above proposal, seconded by Carole Hoffmeister. Motion passed.
Item 2: Ted and Becky Mueller requested review and approval of a 3-5 acre farm consolidation at W2027 Church Dr. They would like to create an approximately 2.5 acre A-3 lot from a 54 acre A-1 parent parcel. Sally Williams made a motion to recommend approval of the farm consolidation, seconded by Laura Callison. Motion passed.
Item 3: Review Road right-of-way Ordinance. The Plan Commission approved a draft of the Right-of-way Ordinance on June 23, 2015. This draft will be sent to the Town Board for approval at the September meeting.
Jim Gilbert made a motion to adjourn, seconded by Laura Callison. Meeting adjourned.
Respectfully submitted, Sally Williams, secretary